Friday, February 16, 2018

breaking news from the world's SLOWEST colorer

i've stamped and colored, wahey!!! and obviously i'm SUPER-excited about that, even though it took me most of an evening (and multiple examples of shading from the lawn fawn and pretty pink posh blogs) to color two teeeeeeny reindeer, a sled and a couple of trees. oh but first i should probably remind you that all this is in aid of the fact that we're moving into the second week of "a-coloring we will go" at JINGLE BELLES. ok, so here's my card:

stamps: lawn fawn reindeer, sled and presents + pretty pink posh evergreen trees: all colored with tombow markers and shaded with prismacolor pencils; snowy hills dies: penny black; patterned paper: pebbles, kaiser, bella blvd + that cool text paper is from a digikit by mye de leon called "peppermint winter" via snap click supply; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, sewing machine  

having already confessed to the slowness and inefficiency of this endeavor, when all is said and done, i do quite like this card AND i think it's by far my best attempt at shading. i'm not sure coloring will ever be a quick and easy option for me, but i do feel encouraged enough to think i'd like to practice a bit more often. meanwhile, since my trees and hills were made with a fab set of penny black dies, i'm jumping in with the simon says stamp wednesday challenge blog's current theme, "add a diecut".


and now i hope you'll hop over to JINGLE BELLES where stephanie and our lovely guest star, marianne, have awesome cards to show you as well!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, it was time well spent, your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lauren this is wonderful, time very well spent. I love your shading. I have been having some lessons myself from my Bestie Pal, should be on view beginning of next month however I still have a ways to go yet. Back to your card though, I do love those cute reindeer they look to be having too much fun. Xx

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~