Monday, February 29, 2016

do you love color challenges as much as i do??

i ask because there's a fabulous new one that's just gone live on the eyelet outlet blog and i think you'll enjoy it as much as i did. i mean, just look at the palette... gorgeous, no?


i was in the mood to paint a little seascape because i thought it'd be a pretty good use of these particular colors (irl, my ocean is greener, i swear!) AND i wanted to use some of my all-time favorite eyelet outlet brads (sea shoreshells, and shell cornersto frame it.

eyelet outlet goodies: shell brads, shell corner brads, sea shore brads, 8mm pearl bradswhite paper flowers, gold glitter washi tape; cardstock: core'dinations; watercolor paper: strathmore; watercolor paints: artist's loft; ink: colorbox; vintage text paper from my stash; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape

i stand by that decision, on the grounds that it's a pretty cute card, plus it was totally fun to make. i didn't have blossoms that were quite the right shade of pink, so i watercolored a couple of white eyelet outlet flowers with a little bit of streaky soft pink from the palette. instant matchification! ;)


tell the truth: you're DYING to jump in on this gorgeous palette, right? why not hop on over to the eyelet outlet blog for all the details right now and be sure to leave my uber-talented teammates a little love whilst you're there, ok darlings? ♥

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love it. those brads are awesome I'm going to have to check out my "source" for the eyelet outlet brads. Of course I buy all these awesome brad and hoard them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a fabulous card. I love that framed peek to the ocean. I want to sit on that beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Possibly the cutest brads I've ever seen. That's a goooood possibility. Lovely watercoloring, too! Yep, wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, another WOW card! I LOVE those shell brads! They make a perfect frame for a beautifully colored scene. Makes me want to head to the beach.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, I want to dive right into that beautiful scene! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~