Friday, July 13, 2012

it's our LUCKY DAY at jingle belles...

...for one thing, we have one of my oldest and dearest blogging friends, the lovely june houck, jingling along with us for the next fortnight; for another she's devised one of the cleverest prompts of the year so far. we call it red OR green and the "OR" is capitalized on purpose, because june's got a fun little twist for us: the assignment is to create a holiday card that incorporates either red OR green... but not BOTH!!! so you can have red and aqua, or green and silver, or all red, or all green; you can throw in any neutrals you'd like; you can choose whatever brights, neons or pastels you want... but if you've got red, you have to leave off the green, and vice versa! cool idea, no? and challenging in the BEST POSSIBLE way, by which i mean it really made me THINK about what i wanted to do! here's what i came up with:

 (patterned paper: my mind's eye, creative imaginations, melissa frances, best creation, fancy pants, echo park, doodlebug; glossy white cardstock: ranger; stickers: k and co, daisy d's; tree die: sizzix; snowflake punches: martha stewart, paper source; heart punch: ek success; ink: colorbox; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

i used this week's unscripted sketch (#166) because it's got a SUPER-fun stack of layers...


...and also because i was extremely honored to have had a "shout out" from them last week for my "bless your heart" card; which, oddly enough, was one i had actually made for miss june... and that brings us round to JINGLE BELLES again rather neatly, doesn't it?

something a little less serendiptious that i feel honor-bound to show you is this:


yeah. i got all the way to the end, and everything firmly attached, before noticing i'd done the whole thing BASS-ACKWARDS!!! on the other hand, i am sure one of my left-handed friends will appreciate a holiday greeting that really caters to their needs! :) :) :)

i do hope you will stop by and see june's and stephanie's gorgeous cards, which both open in the traditional manner, and are guaranteed to inspire you to think up your own red OR green creation! ciao, darlings!♥

11 comments:

  1. WOW!"! This is fabulous. I love that tree and all the layers. The colours are gorgeous and the snowflake bunting looks really great

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these colours together ... your card is just so beautiful .. the banner of snowflakes and hearts is genius ... altogether GORGEOUS ★★★

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE it...green is my fav color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I debated started my comment with either, "Bwah ha ha ha ha" or "Me! Me! Me! I'm a lefty! Send it over here!" As you can see, I decided to go with both. ;-)

    Wonderful card! That tree is lovely and it's great to see more of your trademark snowflake/heart combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!!!! The colors are fab and that snowflake string looks just wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the sketch, and the challenge and LOOOOOOOVE...LOOOOOOVE...LOOOOOOOOOOVE your take on it!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome colour combo!!! one of my favorite at christmas time...other than green and pink...might have to play along this week...wait...it is just waay too darn hot to pull out the Christmas stuff...welll, maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, I had to laugh when I saw that you glued it on backwards, I too have done this before, don't ask me how it happens!?!
    Beautiful card though and great job or using green but not red. I do love green & blue together - very wintery!
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card... all those beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooooo fabulous, lauren! Great take on that sketch, I love the shape you substituted for the rectangles:) Thanks for popping by my blog, I have missed you guys, it's just been beyond crazy with my kids home, come on August and September! LOL ;) Great prompt from sweet June, she is always so sweet. Hope you are well, too! **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl this is beautiful and i love the green and blue :)

    ok you could have just said: look what i invented............ a card for lefties ;)
    i have seen a store that had all items made for lefties :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~