Thursday, June 9, 2011

the same, but different

you may remember the superheroes birthday card i posted recently, which relied heavily on one of my favorite all-time my mind's eye papers? well, luckily, i purchased several sheets of that, and can now definitively report that it works equally well when rotated 90 degrees and placed behind just one superhero. see?


(spiderman stickers: sandylion; patterned paper: my mind's eye; ta da creative studios; glitter paper: dcwv; glossy black cardstock & plastic letters: ranger; glitter chip letters: anna griffin holiday collection--probably the only time they will ever share billing with spiderman! ;) inks: colorbox; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)


this card is for my young friend carlos, who is a big fan of spiderman. i bought a large sheet of sandylion's licensed spiderman stickers, and used ALL of them--inside the card, on the back, and upon the envelope; unfortunately, being a ninny, i forgot to photo the rest, so you'll just have to trust me: they were CUTE!

the largest one can be seen here, on the front of the card, with three of his arachnoid friends. it was not until after i had made --and mailed-- the card, that it occurred to me that it might be possible for a four-year-old person to simultaneously LOVE spiderman and also be afraid of *spiders*; so i wrote and warned his mama; but luckily it turned out ok and they loved the card! but i relate the story as one of those "lessons learned" thingies; and next time i would probably leave the little hairy dudes off the card! :)

6 comments:

  1. arachnoid friends...love it....GREAT birthday card...I actually have a friend that is more afraid of spidey's than she is of rodents...now I don't get that...one might be able to step on a spidey {my apologies to all you spidey lovers} but I am the type of girl that will sprint the opposite direction of any rodentia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, my friends nephew is Spidey crazy, he would love this! Wicked job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh, both this and the superheroes card are SO cute, Lauren! I'm always a sucker for a cute card that boys will love:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the coolest boy (masculine) card here!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~