Tuesday, October 6, 2009

baby, take a bow!

don't you love the name of this CAARDVARKS challenge? it's almost as good as the idea of devoting the next couple of weeks to making be-ribboned cards, actually...and how cool is that?!

today's card is rather a departure for me...it's pink and girlie and sparkly and flowery...quite a stretch, eh?!!!? ;) but when i saw this gorgeous may arts sheer wired ribbon, studded with pretty fabric butterflies and tiny white pearls, of course i COULD NOT resist having it, any more than i could stop myself from designing a whole card around it!

(butterfly wired ribbon: may arts; patterned paper & stickers: dena/creative imaginations; cardstock: core'dinations; sparkly chipboard letters: making memories; letter stickers: basic grey; adhesives: tombow mono runner, 3m foam tape, low-temp hot glue gun)

it *IS* slightly unusual for me to use all papers from the same collection, but i love this creative imaginations pack, and it's got such a nice variety of scale and pattern that i didn't really need to go looking for anything else. a combination of stickers and chipboard for my sentiment and i was all set!

here's a closer picture of one of the butterflies. i wanted to make it look like they were perching on the card, so i twisted the ribbon up quite tightly underneath them, and broke out my trusty hot glue gun to tack them in place.


be sure to check out the VARKS blog for details of how to link up your gorgeous brand-new ribbon card for a shot at some fabulous may arts goodies of your very own! (trust me, you WANT 'EM!!!) oh yeah, and don't forget to stop by our flickr gallery to see the fabulous design team projects!

13 comments:

  1. absolutely girlie and BEAUTIFUL! love that ribbon - i can see why you'd feel the NEED to grab some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is stunning!!!! I love that ribbon & can see why you wanted to build a card around it. Gorgeous, gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats just the prettiest card - and that ribbon... so pretty - you did it proud missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren,

    What a stunning card, you should deviate from the norm more ofen!!!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. check out your sweet ribbon card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this card is gorgeous, love the ribbon!!!! No May Art here, so no ribbon for me LOL

    Kind of funny, I was making a new post on my blog and when I was done, I saw all your comments!! Thanks!

    I'm fine, how are you?? Kind of busy here, mom's coming this Sunday, so the house has to be clean, and I so do NOT like cleaning!!!!!!

    ♥ Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh pink-a-licious! whimsical and wonderful Lauren!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card; I love anything that is pink and girly and wow - I love those butterflies. Until you mentioned that they were part of the ribbon I thought you did painstakingly glue them down (which you did but you know what I mean). Funny, I don't often use only the colors from a collection either - I like to mix papers up. However, there are always exceptions and you have just done a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, love it all...the pink and girlie and sparkly and flowery!
    Such gorgeous card, lauren!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am shocked that you used pink *giggle*

    Love your fabulous ribbon treatment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty - I love the soft, swirly ribbon and (of course) the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lauren you have some beautiful creations here! Love the Wish card and the one with the beads is amazing! Wonderful work hun! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! :)
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~