Monday, March 16, 2009

52Q: *10*

wahey! we're into double digits already!!!

which aside from being cool on the 52Q front, surely means that SPRING cannot be far away either, right?

RIGHT??!

it *IS* gonna be SPRING SOOOOOOON, isn't it??!??!?!
(just checking!)

in the meantime, however, at least we have

question 10: name 5 movies that inspire you creatively...


(film camera & slate cut from a magazine, sei numeral sticker, mambi bling star, jenny bowlin & ki rub-ons, sharpie pen; reverse: fill-in form from an investment mailer, provocraft roller stamp, mrs. grossman star stickers, bazzill & ranger inks)


seeing as how i've been trying to use this project to practice working quickly...and a bit "looser"... i decided to just start stamping my answers on the card without any tedius measuring.

(ahem)

as you can see...they didn't all fit in the "free space" and whilst it looks kind of cool to let them overlap the picture, they are completely un-read-able there.

(ah well)

so if you're interested in knowing my top 5 creatively inspiring films, they are, in no particular order:

curse of the golden flower

(saturated color...not to mention spectacle!!!)


breakfast at tiffany's

(audrey hepburn! new york city!!! what else do ya need?)


amelie

(the distilled essence of paris...ok, it's a fantasy paris...what's your point?!)


devdas

(perhaps the "bollywoodiest" of all bollywood films; certainly one of the most impressive.)


rivers and tides

(perhaps the BEST EVER glimpse of an artist & his process captured on film.)



...and yours are...???

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these answers...I've been struggling with this one!!! I think it's because I don't find movies in general to inspire my creativity...I wonder what that says about me????? Of your 5 I haven't seen the 1st or the last but judging by how awesomely good the other three are I should probably check them out :)
    Oh yeah...love the front of your page...very clever with the shiny, blingy star and camera! You have the best ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kristie, I don't get much inspiration from movies... maybe that's cause I don't ever get to see any? *lol*
    I do have one movie that sticks in my brain for amazing imagery - The Cell. I can still see that red fabric pulling across the walls. Amazing film (acting? well....).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go lauren, go Lauren, go Lauren :) Wahoo for you keeping up with these cards! Very cute btw :)

    Hmmmmm....movies...love watching movies. My favorites (in no particular order)? Mary Poppins, Aladdin (do you see a trend here?); The Sound of Music; McClintock, The Quiet Man, The Parent Trap (I love Maureen O'Hara & Brian Keith); Compromising Positions (Susan Sarandon & Raul Julia); Ghost; Forrest Gump; My Fair Lady; O Brother Where Art Thou; Ever After, Never Been Kissed (Drew Barrymore); The Lord of the Rings trilogy (mostly to look at Viggo Mortenson...he's my Daniel Craig! And Mel Gibson too...yum!)speaking of Mel: Conspiracy Theory, What Women Want;and just for fun: Failure to Launch.
    I've probably left out some, like ELVIS movies (I love the King!), even though the movies are lame. But this pretty much sums me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow into number 10 already! Love the "card" and it's elements. How 'bout this for a new career - I can see you as a movie reviewer -thumbs up or thumbs down???? You could be your own boss! Just sell it to the local tely or radio station... Oh never mind it might interfere with your card making and then where would we be???? debb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've ever checked your blog, but I figured I would add my two cents since it seems like a rather great one.

    Never really thought about movies as inspiration, but the 5 I could totally see me getting inspired by: Empire Records, Kill Bill, Alice in Wonderland, High Fidelity, and I would have to agree with you on Breakfast at Tiffanys. I like things that are a little off and mismatched to the point where it matches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your 52Q cards. They've all been fab!

    Movies that inspire me...

    1. Fight Club
    2. Moulin Rouge
    3. Fido
    4. How to Make an American Quilt
    5. Pink Floyd's The Wall

    Honorable Mention:

    Rocky Horror

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~