Tuesday, November 4, 2008

sweet & scalloppy


recently, i fell in love with this fabulous design by lisette gibbons when it was the "bonus sketch" at 2 sketches 4 you. so naturally, as a sign of my devotion, i downloaded it immediately, printed it out...and let it sit on my desk under a pile of junk for a fortnight. :)

and then the other night i found it again and made this:

(patterned paper: crafty secrets, sandylion; journaling card: making memories; florals: heidi swapp & amanda blue; chipboard letters: target $-spot; cardstock sticker: memories complete; rhinestone frame: heidi swapp; ribbon: michaels; rub-on stitches: doodlebug; ink: colorbox; pen: zigwriter)

i am trying to get ahead on birthdays & anniversarys for the rest of the year, so that i can embark on holiday cards at some point. i am debating whether to mass-produce the latter or make them all different...probably i will do a bit of both. seeing as how it's officially NOVEMBER it is time to get serious!

6 comments:

  1. Definitely Sweet & Scalloppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and sweet...perhaps the sweet girl recipient is an adorable niece???

    I try to work ahead on b-day cards too. When I create a card I go through my birthday card folder and place it in the month-pocket for the person I think the card suits best. This has worked well for the past two years, but somehow I have 3 friends & relatives with b-days this month and I have yet to make their cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sweet...and i love anything with scallops...too cute:) and it's PINK too!!! you can't beat that with a stick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of "girl"... gives it a little attitude if you ask me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. I am also at a loss about what to do about Christmas cards. Can't wait to see yours.

    Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!!!! Love it :)
    I think you'll probably end up making most of your Christmas cards individual in some way...you won't be able to help yourself...LOL. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~