Monday, October 24, 2016

Hello, Autumn!

Here in New Jersey where I live, we've been having the loveliest fall weather imaginable. The days are sunny and free of summer's humidity, the nights are cool and crisp, and the leaves are just starting to change color. It's such a beautiful time of year, I thought I'd try to capture it in card form using some of my favorite Eyelet Outlet goodies:


I had a lot of fun playing with these pretty floral layering stamps when the lovely Miss June was here, and I really like how they look on a background of vintage text paper. But of course I always want my cards to have texture as well, so I added Stitched Flower Brads, Stitched Flower Mini Brads and Leaf Brads in similar shades to give my collage some dimension. 


A little strip of Glitter Gold Washi makes my diecut sentiment pop. And who can resist a few beautiful orange Butterfly Brads and Mini Butterfly Brads? (Not me, lol!) A little bit of machine stitching is a great finishing touch, and this card is ready to be mailed!


What's your favorite thing about autumn... and how could you use it to inspire your next creation?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Autumn card, love the stamping over the text. My favourite thing about Autumn is being able to dig out my sweaters and boots 😊 Heaven to me.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Autumn collage card, since we have almost the same weather I love the colours of fall but mostly the reds. This weekend the colours were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren - In my cruising mode thru Bloglovin sites that I follow, I don't often stop to comment... but I have to say this one grabbed me and stopped me cold! Had to go to your site and let you know how much I like what you did here. I LoVe the background of the colored flowers and leaves on the text - that alone would have caught my attention. But I really appreciate your creative skills with the added textures - from the washi tape to the 3D letters and brads to the final stitching - makes for a great collage - well done!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~