Tuesday, July 17, 2012

♥ my precious!

(if you're looking for my CCCB post, scroll down... after reading this one, obviously!) ;)


i'd have to say this week's is one of my all-time favorite challenges at shopping our stash, but on the other hand, it might be one of the hardest. i'll let miss carla tell you:

My Precious 
Use something you have hoarded that you never, ever, planned to actually use. Piece of pretty paper? Special embellishment? A piece of special ribbon or lace?

i'm not usually bad about hoarding. in fact, if anything, i tend to use (even OVER use!) my favorite/newest supplies the most quickly! the exceptions to that being A) when beloved things go out of print (you'll hear howls of anguish when my last hambly transparency is gone!!!) and B) my real vintage stuff, which i can, admittedly get sliiiiightly over-attached to--but then i also collect postcards and old books and things, so when that happens, i kind of just re-categorize the item in question! :)

but in the spirit of the challenge, i busted out two hitherto untouched acquisitions from my vegas thrifting expeditions with kirsty in march, and i made this:

 (vintage: photo sleeve, phonebooth (from a game card), and phonebook page--ok, not so much "vintage" just OLD, lol; patterned paper and foam thickers: amy tangerine; tape: love my tapes, romantic pink; arrow: scenic route; sticker with dots: love elsie packaging; round alphas: so old i don't even know whence they came; star trim: from fabric shop via my mom's stash; ink: colorbox; adhesives: tombow mono runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

my "precious" items are the phone booth, which is fussy-cut from one of these AMAZING vintage memory game boards:


and also the photo refill sleeve (actually miss k's find, but she very generously shared them!!!) which i've used as a mat:


this card also incorporates my beloved deco tape, as well as some star trim... (which i could easily be tempted to hoard except i happen to know my mom has more of it and i can sneak up to the sewing room next time i visit her and snag a bit, lol!) ...thus i'm sending this in as a second entry to the july challenge at my new favorite site, love my tapes, where you can not only find the most LUSCIOUS varieties of washi; (including the clouds and hearts one on this card... my all-time FAVE!) you can get the most awesome inspiration from their DT on how to use it!

speaking of cool DT's, SOS has one of those, for sure, so why not hop over and see what they've done with this fabulous challenge?!

ps: ACK! it's a day for updates! i cannot believe i forgot AGAIN to mention that we're currently having a DT call at SOS, which i must confide to you is one of the best-- and most fun!-- gigs a papercrafter could possibly hope to land! check out the details HERE!!! ♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love this colour palette ... once again you have created a masterpiece ... I read every bit and went back and forth to check your clever construction ... fabulous!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those memory cards ... the phone book is fantastic ... what a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there....whatta awesome card:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! This is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love EVERYTHING about this! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! this is amazing, I love how you have put everything together

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Laureen, this is super fantastic! I WANT that phone booth!! So cute and love the design on this card. I see that phone booth and keep thinking Super Man comics! LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card! Just had to stop and swoon over it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many yummy layers here.. This looks fabulous.. Well done! Sounds like a fun challenge.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love all the vintagey finds you used and the star trim is fabulous! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~