Wednesday, February 16, 2011

PDP pixie wishes card

one of the many cool things in february's pixie dust paperie kit, SPRINGTIME PIXIE is the 12x12 cardstock sheet of graphic 45's "once upon a springtime" postcards. i used one of 'em...and some cardstock and some lace and some g45 flowery patterned paper... (all of which are also from the kit) to make this whimsical birthday card:


there are more photos of it on the pixie blog today, including one which shows how i cut around the flowers on another piece of G45 paper to make the dimensional frame, so i hope you'll sneak over there and see it. of course, if you are currently having a serious discussion with a frog, or indeed any small amphibian, i am happy to wait my turn; we pixies have *EXCELLENT* manners, you know! :) :) :)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! How cute is that frog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment at PDP about making a card something like yours... but after zooming in I find that mine can't come close to yours. I love what you've done here. This is amazing. I keep seeing more and more... absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my oh my...well I've spent a good looong time just pouring over your blog (cause I've been a bad, bad absentee blogger of late)and I know I've said it before, but it begs repeating...YOU-ARE-AMAZING!!! Good golly missy I just adore your fancy whimsical style! Love all the fantastic fussy cutting here!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is enchanting! All of your fussy cutting was worth the effect. This is a wonderful card, L!

    I finally made the Styrofoam sphere cupcake gift card holder on Sunday (posted today). It was lots of fun and I am ready to make it again!

    Off to see your creation at PDP :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fairy tale gorgeous card! I love how you framed about the picture. The pugs are in the house!! I'm trying to get a blog post up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, lauren! looove the fussy-cutting! love the additional pretty flowers you've added! yummy trims and love your bloom. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love how you framed the fabbie image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, so magical and very soothing with that delightful green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just LOVE those wonderful pixie papers! You've made a gorgeous 3D frame - everything just looks so vintage and perfect. I want to *live* there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren this looks like a fairytale , yummy yummy yummy and that flower... even more yummy.
    Hun, you've done it again, created a master piece...
    <3

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~