Thursday, May 6, 2010

heart the art--week 17 (thoughts)

cracking on with the HEART the ART catch-up process, here is my page for week #17: THOUGHTS:

(yellow glossy cardstock saved from a brochure; rainbow pattern & "la cabeza" from vintage books; a bit of an old nyc subway map; martha stewart butterfly punch used on scraps of patterned paper, old maps, chinese text, a mini calendar, play money, etc; sei & karen foster letter stickers--& a few oultines; hero arts glass beads; copic outliner; colorbox ink; uhu gluestick; 3m foam tape; manual typewriter)

i started out with this cool brain illustration from a vintage spanish text book i found at a booksale, and that fun "rainbow graph" from an art book. i cut the rainbow paper just slightly larger than i needed to fill my page, sat down at the typewriter, and just typed whatever thoughts came into my mind. then i cut it to size, made my little collage, and added the title letters. i actually thought it was done then, but at the very last minute i thought of adding the butterflies...and i'm glad i went with that because they're my favorite part!

i have to say i am very pleased with this one; considering i started out with no idea of where i was going or how i would get there, i really like where i ended up!

*♥*♥*♥*♥*

so what are some of YOUR random thoughts today?
tell, tell!

9 comments:

  1. This is just the coolest! I'm having trouble having any thoughts today...not even random ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH !!! I love this! The butterflies totally make it. Great page!!

    Lets see my random thoughts... Why did I buy that ice cream and eat way too much of it?, I'm tired and should go change Leo now, Wonder why I keep thinking today is Friday?.

    Thats it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud of this Lauren it's brilliant!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this colorful beauty...good for you for jotting down thoughts...I think I'll remember mine only to forget in like 1 minute...good grief, the joys of growing older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cool! love the butterflies flying out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza ... you're right, the butterflies make the page ... and can I say I am jealous that you have a typewriter to type your random thoughts ... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and perfect interpretation of the idea of random thoughts - just typing whatever came to mind. This came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Lauren. Love everything about it, specially the thought written down with a typewrite. My random thoughts that comes back to me is that the day doesn't have enough hours for all the things I want to do... :-) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool! I love the typing on the rainbow paper and I always imagined there would be butterflies in your brain! ;)

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~