Monday, April 5, 2010

fortunate!

ok, i know i've shown the fabric fortune cookies before, but i'm still TOTALLY in love with them, so here's the latest version:




i've used the same (rather brilliant!) tutorial from lady harvatine's blog but this time i made the cookie just a bit smaller (3.5" diameter) to fit in one of the small plastic "chinese takeout" boxes i got from oriental trading company. i made the decorative panels for the box in printshop using a dingbat font and a couple of digital brushes, and cut it out with a nestabilities labels die. the little dragons i found on a free clip art site (via google image search) and the chinese coin and ribbon are from my stash. the fortune inside the cookie reads, "you will have a very happy birthday!" and i hope that when my uncle receives it he will do just that! ♥

11 comments:

  1. Confusious say Uncle who receive this have VERY happy birthday.
    Gorgeous, of course. I'm gonna have to try this. One day. I love OTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that is so cool!!! I love the fabric you used. Too cute!! I still need to make these! STILL! I've been slacking and totally forgot I wanted to try these out. He's going to be amazed by the coolness

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously...you never cease to amaze me...I absolutely ADORE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do believe you are a CREATIVE GENIUS!! So stinkin' cute and creative!!! LOOOOOOVE this!! *and I bet your uncle will, too!
    So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, what a thoughtful present! You make it sound so easy, I'm in awe right now. I may have to try this out, I just don't know if I'll have such a great result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen paper fortune cookies but, LOVE the fabric! Too CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how you decorated the Chinese take out box and that fortune cookie looks so yummy! fabulous project! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am working my way up to feeling brave enough to make one of these.

    Although obviously without the funky, pimped-up take-out box

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never tire of seeing your different versions of these! They are the COOLEST!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. that fortune cookie is luscious! The food container is perfectly designed too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, SERIOUSLY! sheer brilliance.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~