Wednesday, June 11, 2008

smashing orangey bit

mmmmmmmmm...jaffa cakes!!!!!!!!! oh sorry...i didn't realize you were there!

hiya! :)


here's a new card, it's based on kazan's second design at 2 sketches 4 you!

(black glossy cardstock: ranger; glitter cardstock: dcwv (traced around a fancy pants chipboard frame); patterned paper: urban lily, basic grey, making memories; flowers: prima; gems: mambi; rub-ons: k&co; chipboard: heidi swapp; eyelets: making memories)

i don't make a lot of things in this color scheme, but i had a little bit piece of urban lily paper...and a scrap of basic grey...and those leftover sparkly rub-ons...not to mention my new dcwv glitter stack... (a whole tablet of GLITTER CARDSTOCK in lots of colors!!! how *me* is that?!) and the next thing you know, i had a birthday card! plus, the sister-in-law who will receive it quite likes peach and yellow, i b'lieve. check another birthday card off my to-do list! HOORAY!

9 comments:

  1. I think that color scheme works well together - I am such a baby at trying new color combo's so all always looking for inspiration - thanks ;)
    Great job on the sketch btw..
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're smart enough to save things, so you can trace around them ... I tried, and failed, several times to figure out scallops all the way around for my card, and finally settled for punched edges ...fabulous colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!!! let me know where you get your paper...if you buy online that is...if you buy from a store that doesn't really help my cause...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am lovin this color palette! Stunning card:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card for the sketch and wow love the colours you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very purty bt mne is still the best ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely scrappy card! Go, Lauren!!! My favorite element is your butterfly w/ gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours, such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh...I am an Urban Lily girl, so I love to see the product being used!! Great job with the sketch...the scallops are fabulous!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~